Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Sims 3 Blog.

Hello and welcome, if you've found your way here you must be curious about how the sims 3 is.

I got my copy of the sims 3 two days ago, and I've come to find out that this is VERY early. So, I'm going to do what I'd want someone to do if they got a game early and I didn't. I'll answer questions, post pictures, and try to figure out things for anyone who is curious about how the game works or DOESNT work.

So far, the only issue I have had has been memory leaks where the game is running just fine then it has some "lag" issues so I have to save it. Once saved, it seems to stop. I hope a patch will fix this soon after it's release.

The game itself is great - so many little fun things that I have come to notice that I just find cute. The neighborhood takes some getting used to, I still have problems trying to direct myself where I want to go. Also, it's hard to find certain houses as of now.. I'm sure once I'm used to where everything is it'll be a lot smoother.

The sims themselves look different (think.. bee movie) and that also is kind of strange to me. I'm very much used to my custom content to make the sims look very realistic. I'm sure that there will be some face templates for this version of the game as well. Which I'm looking forward to! Woo!

Okay, so far the best thing (besides the water!) are the little objectives you get. My sim Bella (Yes bella goth!) got an assignment from school where she had to go to the grocery store for X ammount of hours and research. She rode her bike there! It was adorable.

The one thing I had been VERY curious about was a sim's pregnancy. What happens is the sim gets a little warning sort of like a buff/debuff .. "The baby is coming!" So you have a few hours (I think? ) To get the sim either to the hospital or to home. If she has the baby at the hospital, she'll go there for a few hours and you can listen to the hospital sounds. No, you cannot go inside. :( When she comes out (and maybe the daddy if they're living together) they'll take a taxi home. The parents will sometimes roll wants to either have a boy or girl, which you can promise though I don't think that it changes the outcome of the baby's gender. Once the little one is born they'll get a buff saying that they had either a boy or a girl.

If you leave your sims alone while they're going to have a baby the baby will be named by the game.. err I mean.. the parents! So, my Ursine family had a baby and the little girl was named Jodi not by my choice. I really like this change, it's not like I have control of who names their kids what in the real world!

You can turn OFF the neighborhood aging if you DO NOT like this feature. I however love this! I love seeing the neighborhood grow, live,love, and die without my input what so ever.

I will be trying to re-create pleasantview in terms of couples, children etc.

Okay! That's all I've got right now. If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or comments please write me a comment down below and I promise to get back to you as soon as I have an answer for you! :D

I hope you enjoy this first screen shot! Have fun simming, guys. :)
This is Bella's family when I first loaded them. They're starving!



7 comments:

  1. Wow that's soo cool that you've got the game already!! How is it that you got it earlier than the actual release date??

    So any how what other new things are on the sims 3? Is season's included in the base game?

    If you make your sim fat can they still lose weight?

    How's the create a style tool feature? Is it easy to use?

    R there any new objects, like maybe washers, dryers... and can you vaccum, dust stuff like that?

    How often would u say a sim has to use the bathroom and take showers compared to the sims2?

    Do young adults still go to college or is that not an option?

    How about the graphics are they a lot better than the sims 2 graphics?


    Omg I'm sorry to ask soooo many qts but i think it is awsome that you've got the game and can let us in on some of the facts.

    I'd really appreciate all the info you could get me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's soo cool that you've got the game already!! How is it that you got it earlier than the actual release date?? - The reason I got the game earlier than the release date is because the store I bought it from broke the street date. Which really, they shouldn't of done.

    So any how what other new things are on the sims 3? Is season's included in the base game? Seasons is not included. I have a new post that has several of the features I like and have noticed about the game.

    If you make your sim fat can they still lose weight? Of course. :)

    How's the create a style tool feature? Is it easy to use? Yes. It's easy to use, and it's nice.. so many options to do.

    R there any new objects, like maybe washers, dryers... and can you vaccum, dust stuff like that? No, not that I"ve seen. If a fire starts, you do get to mop the floor (say the tile in the kitchen)

    How often would u say a sim has to use the bathroom and take showers compared to the sims2? A LOT LESS! The minutes are also much more realistic. It is no longer a rush to get the sims ready for work or school.

    Do young adults still go to college or is that not an option? No, no college in this game.. but there are young adults.

    How about the graphics are they a lot better than the sims 2 graphics? The graphics are better, in someways. I think once the CC creators get ahold of the game, you'll get some very realistic lookin' sims!


    Omg I'm sorry to ask soooo many qts but i think it is awsome that you've got the game and can let us in on some of the facts. - No problem! I'm glad to help. :) I hope to also include tips once everyone has the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triplets! cool....

    does the forcetwins (maybe even forcetriplets!) cheat work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure, I'll try that out and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, the forcetwins/triplets did not work. The money cheats (motherlode, kaching) however DO work. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great blogg, looking forward to read more about the game.

    My game comes to me tomorrow! fun.fun.fun...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very fun, whoppi! :) Look forward to the next blog about gardening - and bringing ghosts back to "life" one way!

    ReplyDelete